Housing & Property Risk
Property Voids Management & Inspection
Managing Vacant Property
The primary problem is managing the unoccupied property. Vacant premises attract trouble when nobody is on premises to keep close tabs on property conditions. Landlords s can take the following steps to manage their vacant property.
- You can limit damage by inspecting buildings on a regular basis and repairing any damage immediately, such as broken windows.
- Seal the letterbox to prevent unauthorised intrusions.
- Pipes can freeze and burst during winters, so drain any water systems and switch off unused services.
- Maintaining the yard and exterior landscaping will help prevent attracting squatters.
- Keeping your insurance company informed of the property’s status is of critical importance.
- Removing all valuables from the premises limits potential thefts.
- If you have a security system, then activating it will add a layer of property proetction.
- Some insurance companies will only agree to insure vacant property contingent upon regular inspection by a responsible adult.
Csuk Property Services
At CSUK we are able to provide you with a variety of specialised services to support you in managing void properties.
- Void Property Surveys
- Internal Inspections
- External Inspections
- Meter Reading
- Property Risk Assessment
- Decant Phase Development Property Audits
- Fire Safety Reviews
Our services are managed and reports received in real time through our innovative tablet systems. All reports are also accessible through our management portal and actions can be issued directly to your contractors and suppliers and tracked/monitored for completion at all times.
For more information about our Managed Void Property Services, please contact the Void Management team on 08458350199